Founded in 1936 as the Santa Clara Motor Car Dealers Association, today, the SVADA is the foundation for driving the economy of Silicon Valley and an integral part of California’s franchised dealerships’ $96 billion automobile goods-and-services economy. Auto dealers in California collectively account for 20% of the state’s retail sales. Specifically, the Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association and Santa Clara County employ more than 8,000 people and spend over $60 million in advertising.
Throughout Santa Clara County, there are 61 new car and truck franchised dealers. As California’s fourth largest county, the SVADA serves nearly 1.7 million people in 15 cities across 1,300 square miles, including Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, San Jose, Milpitas, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
The Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association (SVADA) is:
- A nonprofit trade association representing 90% of these dealers.
- Proud to be the only trade association for dealers in the Bay Area.
- One of only six associations in California.
- One of just 113 organizations across the USA.
- Giving back to the community with charitable contributions throughout the year, including national safety campaigns, a Charity Preview Gala, a Summer Golf Tournament, car safety seat education seminars, crossing guard programs, and sponsoring many local charities.